Here are two nice (typical austrian) recipes for christmas cookies!! Enjoy!
100g almonds or hazelnuts, finely ground
100g cane sugar
200g vegan butter
250g wheat flour
2 packages of vanilla sugar
half of a vanilla bean
1. Mix flour, butter (slice the butter to small pieces, then its easier to work with). Then add almonds/hazelnuts, sugar and the vanilla bean. Leave the dough in the fridge for about 1–2 hours.
2. Cut the dough in pieces and make rolls with about 1cm diameter. Form the »Vanillerkipferl« and put them on a baking tray.
3. Bake them 10, maximum 12 minutes at 180° degrees.
4. Decorate them with powdered sugar. Be careful when you get them of the baking tray – they break easily!
250g wheat flour
75g hazelnuts or almonds, finely ground
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon clove
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
100g Agave Nectar
1 portion egg substitute (for example from »3 Pauly«)
120g vegan butter
1. Mix flour with hazelnuts/almonds, cinnamon, clove and vanilla. Then add agave nectar, egg substitute and the butter (slice the butter to small pieces, then its easier to work with). Mix the ingredients well and leave the dough in the fridge for about 1–2 hours.
2. Roll the dough with a rolling pin. Cut out the cookies. »Linzerradl« consist of two cookies. One cookie with holes and one without holes in it. Be sure that you have the same amount of upper and under parts in the end.
3. Put the cookies on a baking tray and bake them in the preheated oven for 10 – 15 minutes at 175° degrees.
4. Let the cookies cool a bit, then you brush the underpart cookie with redcurrant jam and put upper and under part together.