Poppy Seed-Hazelnut Cake, vegan and without sugar
I made a birthday cake for a friend who can’t eat any kind of sugar. It was a bit of an experiment, but worked out – this is the first cake that we both can eat!!! 🙂
– please note that the cake is (logically) not sweet!
100g haselnuts, grinded
300g spelt flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon Natron
1/2 teaspoon grounded Vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
100g rape oil
150g poppy seed
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 180° C. Grease the Bundt Cake Pan with margarine.
2. Mix the spelt flour with arrowroot, baking powder, natron, hazelnuts, poppy seeds, cinnamon, vanilla and salt.
3. Mix the water with ricesirup and rape oil in a second bowl. Add the flour mixture, the dough should be fluffy.
4. Fill the dough in the cake pan and let it bake for about 60 minutes.